Job Description: Business for Peace
Position: Project Manager, Future of Business
Terms: Full time, one-year contract
Location: Oslo, Norway
Start Date: January 4, 2021
Reports To: Impact Programme Director
About Business for Peace: Business for Peace is an international foundation based in Oslo that aims to support, inspire, and recognise global business leaders who are positively changing the face of business. At the centre of the Foundation’s activities is the annual Oslo Business for Peace Award, conferred to exceptional individuals who exemplify the Foundation’s concept of being businessworthy: ethically and responsibly creating value both for both business and society. The Foundation also hosts events that bring together business leaders, investors, leaders of NGOs, politicians, academics, and civil society from all over the world to discuss the practical actions needed in order to make substantial and sustainable business contributions to society.
In October 2020, the Foundation launched The Future of Business, a new global programme aimed at accelerating action toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. www.businessforpeace.org and www.futureofbusiness.io
Job Summary: The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, overseeing, and leading projects related to the Future of Business programme. This is a mid-senior role that requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, as well as task and budget management.
In October 2020, Business for Peace launched the Future of Business, a global programme aimed at accelerating action toward achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The programme will have five pilot events in Africa in 2020-2021. It’s an exciting time to join the programme at an early stage and support its first phase of execution.
The programme has many moving pieces, local and global stakeholders, and high ambitions. The ideal candidate is skilled at defining scope and objectives, creating budgets and work plans, and keeping a team moving in the right direction. A passion for sustainable business practices and positive social change is an asset!
Essential Job Functions:
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Track project costs to stay within budget
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Liaise with global and local project partners, tracking their needs and deliverables
- Utilise industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management
- Project management certification, such as PRINCE2
- Experience working with management in NGOs and institutions, including the United Nations system
- Able to navigate and manage complex stakeholder relationships, including communications between and across multiple levels of an organization
- Excellent English skills, oral and written
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle, including tracking budget and KPIs
- Experience using digital project and task management tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with high-level stakeholders
- Solution-oriented with exceptional project management and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to manage and prioritise deadlines according to project needs
- Good collaboration skills, ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Understanding of international business and the sustainability landscape is an advantage
- Experience working in Africa or with African-based companies is an asset
- Good understanding of Norwegian is an asset
How to apply:
Send a CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Project Manager” by end of day on 22 November 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest and will contact those selected for an interview.
This position is dependent on funding.