- Description: Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) – Arctic Youth Entrepreneurship
The U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section in Oslo (PAS Oslo) is soliciting proposals for a grant/cooperative agreement that meets the specifications stated in Section II from legally-recognized non-profit, non-governmental organizations that meet U.S. and Norwegian technical and legal requirements to develop and implement public diplomacy programs as specified by Section II below. Information about the Public Affairs Section can be found at https://no.usembassy.gov/
- Federal Award Information
Funding Opportunity Title: Arctic Youth Entrepreneurship
Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $15,000 and should not exceed $24,000.
Funding Opportunity Number: DOS-OSLO-PAS-NOFO-FY20-3
CFDA Number: 19.040
Funding Instrument Type: Grant or Cooperative Agreement.
The Arctic region is experiencing a period of unprecedented change that is increasing interest in economic opportunities in the region. The United States is committed to continuing its engagement in the Arctic through diplomatic outreach, engagement, and cooperation so as to ensure a peaceful, stable, and economically prosperous region. To this end, the United States is interested in supporting activities and efforts that promote sustainable economic development. The U.S. Embassy Oslo is currently seeking proposals for projects that increase the capacity of Arctic communities in the United States and Norway to address challenges common to both countries, contribute to greater prosperity in the region, and increase access to entrepreneurship and related educational opportunities for those who live there, particularly indigenous peoples and youth.
- Program Goal
The goals of this funding opportunity are to:
- Promote greater access to entrepreneurship and related educational opportunities for young professionals who live in the Arctic regions of the United States and Norway.
- Build the capacity of Arctic communities in the United States and Norway to address shared challenges related to youth entrepreneurship and education.
- Program Description and Requirements
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Oslo seeks proposals for a project aimed at increasing prosperity in the Arctic through youth entrepreneurship. The project should address realistic challenges that affect local communities, especially youth, in both countries with regard to entrepreneurship and educational opportunities. Proposed programming could include knowledge exchange between young Arctic professionals in Norway and the United States.
The grant recipient should have experience managing projects related to technical, economic, youth, and/or social challenges in the Arctic region. PAS Oslo will coordinate with the grantee on final arrangements, including geographical location, participants, and related matters. The grantee will be responsible for managing all logistical elements of the program.
Successful proposals will need to include the following elements in their project submission on official letterhead:
- An overview of the proposed project;
- Background of organization, including key project leaders;
- Implementation strategy, including planned activities, timeline, target audience, and any proposed additional partners;
- Description of how proposed project meets the Program Goal;
- Suggested amplification activities, including traditional and social media;
- Expected outcomes, including any potential follow-on activities;
- Monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Samples of previous related work executed successfully by the grant applicant;
- A final report upon project completion;
- Organization contact information;
- Successful applicant(s) will be required to register in the U.S. Government’s “System for Award Management” database, or SAM: www.sam.gov. Applicants should note if they are already registered in SAM.
- Application Procedures and Deadline
Proposals should be submitted via email no later than September 27, 2019 to OsloIRC@State.gov with “NOFO Proposal: Arctic Youth Entrepreneurship” in the subject line. Questions should be directed to the same email address.
- Grantor Contact Information:
If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact: U.S. Embassy Oslo, Public Affairs Office